Friday, July 08, 2005

Two Sevens Clash

I remember not venturing too far from home around the 7th of July in 1977. Why? Quite simply because being a reggae fan I had a suspicion that Reggae Trio Culture might well have been "in the know" when the released their landmark "Two Sevens Clash" single back in those days. I slept peacefully for a while after that date imagining it must be meant for another century and not something for me to be worried about. Not realising that its impact would be felt alarmingly close to me some 28 years later. Destruction eventually came by synthetic man-made forms of lightning, earthquake and thunder in London yesterday. Can't actually relate it to Mr Hills startling vision way back in the 70's but it does make you think. Lyrics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home